Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Mr Nij


celtic_medallion
Originally uploaded by babajiwotan.
That's right I celebrated my 26th birthday today with wrestling matches down by the river in ThunderBay.

Im a man of simple pleasures. I don't need many things. I have a control over my hungers.

But sometimes there's something that I really want. This desire burns inside and eats at my heart.

It has been the pattern in my life for the most part that I don't get this thing that I want. It's like Jah hangs this prize in front of my nose to pull me forward but then pulls it away when I get to it. Of course the thing that I want is rarely the thing that I need.

Jah always gives me what I need.

But this time, for my birthday, I say a humble prayer to my God to give me what I want. I would really like that.

Please.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!!

Zoe

7:46 PM  
Blogger D.Macri said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Andrew Courtnage/Smoky Tiger/Doug Strange/Captain Goldstar, Happy birthday to youuu...

4:19 AM  
Blogger Quitmoanez said...

You can never lose.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Krahn said...

Happy B-day big guy. Sorry I copuldn't be there to wrestle you to the ground like an infant. See you at Folk Fest.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonne fête!
soite que ton souhait réalise.
see you bush warrior.

Mr.zinghess

10:07 AM  
Blogger XP said...

Whoa! No internet at home means I'm slow on the respondito! Happy Birthday Goldmund! I as well am sorry to have missed the wrestling. Though, I would not have beaten you like an infant - more likely befuddled you with drink, stollen your riches and your woman - only to divulge in the end that it was a treasure hunt to an awesome birthday surprise - Fitch style!!! See you at the Fest!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home