Sunday, February 04, 2007

Apparation

A very strange thing happened today. I was at the yoga studio taking a course on the different layers or sheaths of the human body. Near the end of the class we started doing a lot of yoga like standing on your head and all these other weird yoga moves. Long ones where you just sort of hang in it with your head back for a long time. Then after we had done a bunch of those we started doing different long meditations like breathing excerises and whatnot. Then something really weird happened:

I was laying in corpse pose with my eyes closed and I guess I passed out for a second and then I woke up with a start like from a dream and there was this ball floating there. I had my eyes open and I was looking at it and thinking, that's funny, why did they hang that there. I thought it was a mobile or something. It was about the size of a beach ball and white and like a snowflake sort of like some kind of hanging ornament. Then right in front of my eyes, it dematerialized! It just faded into nothing! It was the weirdest thing! I was sure I was looking at it, my eyes were open. The whole thing lasted like 10 seconds.

I have no explanation for what it could have been. It doesn't make any sense. I looked on wikipedia and the closest thing I could come up with was stories about ball lightning. But Im pretty sure no one else in the room saw it. It wasn't real yet I really saw it with my eyes.

7 Comments:

Blogger Quitmoanez said...

Cool.

Yet in demystifying your experience, being up and down that way for long periods can easily result in hallucinations.

Maybe of other realities? Of this one?

I sure hope so.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Quitmoanez said...

Cool.

I don't mean to demystify your experience, but hanging up and down like that for awhile can result in hallucinations.

Of other realities? Of this one?

I sure hope so.

:)

3:08 PM  
Blogger CaptainGoldStar said...

Truly, it was a hallucination. Indeed I reckon that no one else would have seen it. But I really did see it. What was it? Indeed it was a hallucination. But what are hallucinations?

10:50 PM  
Blogger CaptainGoldStar said...

Such a funny experience. I don't want to keep blathering too much about it but I swear to you that I was studying it with my eyes open for a quite a period of time. And it really seemed to be a three dimensional object. This of course brings us back to the topic of the screen. It was kind of like a risidual object from the dreamworld that somehow came on to he screen when it wasn't supposed to. You know what I mean? It was like a really vivid glitch in the computer screen. The way it just faded slowly into nothingness like something fading off your tv screen.

10:53 PM  
Blogger D.Macri said...

I still, from time to time think of that flash we saw in the middle of the room at langside that one time, That was kind of white-orb like, and yup, it sure wasn't ball lightening.

Another time, I was discussing some spiritual beliefs with some friends in a basement in Manning Park Resort when through the open basement window, a weird wisp of fog or something came in. It circled the room along the ceiling, and we all saw it, mouths open in bewilderment, and then it left through the window again. I still don't know what that was either.

Another interesting phenomena story was told to Andrew and I by a certain favorite prof at the UofM. He said when he was young, he was in the garden with his dad when a large fireball ripped across the sky above them. When he asked his pa what it was he replied "nothing, it was nothing". ?!

=P

9:17 PM  
Blogger D.Macri said...

I still, from time to time think of that flash we saw in the middle of the room at langside that one time, That was kind of white-orb like, and yup, it sure wasn't ball lightening.

Another time, I was discussing some spiritual beliefs with some friends in a basement in Manning Park Resort when through the open basement window, a weird wisp of fog or something came in. It circled the room along the ceiling, and we all saw it, mouths open in bewilderment, and then it left through the window again. I still don't know what that was either.

Another interesting phenomena story was told to Andrew and I by a certain favorite prof at the UofM. He said when he was young, he was in the garden with his dad when a large fireball ripped across the sky above them. When he asked his pa what it was he replied "nothing, it was nothing". ?!

=P

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

? What about the apparations in this blog window?

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home