Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Contemplation


Contemplation
Originally uploaded by The Stranger.
I've got a job bartending at the Sanctuary. I'll have a week long trial period. Serve drinks and talk to people passing through.

I met a British fellow who is making a documentary about the movie the Beach. I went with him and some other people to an abandoned island where the Beach could have been set. I caught crabs and found oysters and cooked them and ate them. I found an old stetson hat in a cave.

Im getting to know the people here a bit.

I took a day long course with a Shaman. He lives in a house that overlooks the ocean high up after many winding paths. Him and his wife have two cats who are both nursing! Apparently the father was the same a big black jungle cat. It made me think of my old cat Smoky.

Every day here is really really good. If I get the job at the bar I'll stay for three months and absorb more of the teachings of this place.

Many have heard of the boy in India who some is is Guatama and are making pilgramage there. Im learning what I can and planning when I should go there.

My Parents are coming here at the end of this month! Will we recognize each other?

3 Comments:

Blogger Quitmoanez said...

Maybe, maybe not, but I hope you continue to love each other.

:)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Krahn said...

I have heard of this boy. Apparently he hs sat under a tree fpr the past few months. People go and visit hjim and hang prayers and tokens ion the grove around his tree. LAst I heard some scientists were trying to figure out a way to examine him without disturbing his meditation. Strange. send pictures.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cool blogs Andre, and nice to get a mention.

The British fellow

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home