Saturday, July 29, 2006

La-La land


PICT0007
Originally uploaded by The Stranger.
Hi, here I am and there's my cave in the background. This place is stupendous. In return for 25 hours of easy work a week I get:
1. all the healthiest food and juice that I can drink
2. access to the weights, tennis court, sauna, beach, kayaks
3. access to the art building including supplies and models to draw
4. access to the best new-age library Ive ever been in
5. free reiki, massage, yoga, chanting, tai chi etc

All the people here are really happy and healthy and they come from all over the world. I look everyone deeply in the eye and everyone is smiling. Truely I must say this week has been one of the best Ive ever had in terms of over all happiness and well being. If anything Im a little too happy!

Ive been talking with my sister and perhaps when Im done here in october Ill move to Toronto for awhile where my feline daughter Yukdugu will meet me from Korean and I can help look after my human niece Sofia.

I took a two hour shiatzu meridian massage class this morning, in a little while Ill be headed to a spiritual healing class and after that Im headed for the art hut to begin work on the two giant oil canvases I stretched the other day.

Im thinking that this place will be a part of my yearly cycle now for many years to come. It seems to me to be an ideal living environment. It's like a commune in that Im not planning on spending a cent the whole time Im here. As soon as money is tottally taken out of your life for awhile everything changes a bit for the better and I think that's reflected in everyone's outlook here.

Truly, all is very well and I hope the same for you.

5 Comments:

Blogger D.Macri said...

Sounds cool. What kind of work do you do? Was there an initial cost?

11:34 AM  
Blogger CaptainGoldStar said...

No initial cost. Im floating between departements now so it's the usual kind of jobs to be expected at a resort. Cleaning, dishwashing, moving things around. Next month Ill be working in the media departement kind of like a sound technician.

4:49 PM  
Blogger XP said...

Really does sound great. Is this place open all year, or just in the summer? You sound very clear-headed, glad to hear you're having fun. I'm going to check this joint out on the internet.

8:53 AM  
Blogger CaptainGoldStar said...

It's only for the summer months. Really all of us would love it and benifit from time spent here. Actually it's a good way to SAVE money!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool.

See you in TO.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home