Friday, September 08, 2006

sick old city


pentagram
Originally uploaded by babajiwotan.
I'm a hillbilly. I live up in the mountains. I make moonshine. I got a long gun and I shoot a long ways and I'm God in the holler. I let the women go to church -- gives her something to do, you know -- but I know who God is and I know who Jesus is and I know who the devil is, and I don't really need anything on the flatland because the mountain holds the light. But when the mountains are dying then I got to come down into the flatlands and I got to put the balance in it -- keep them from strip mining and taking down the trees to where there's nothing left.

Let me say this: The South was in balance with the earth. The plantations were in balance with the earth -- contrary to what the movies tell you. They lived on EARTH. It's the money people that didn't live on earth. They lived in the money. The whole North and South war was based on materialism. You can't blame any one people.

I ain't got no aspirations to do nothing, but I know, I see. I'm aware. I understand what God is and I know he lives in man. If we don't wake up pretty soon, there's gonna be nothing left to wake up to.

It's like the man said, "If you cut those trees down, your children are not gonna survive."
The other guy said, "Let them worry about that. I need the money now."

When the government was formed and the Constitution wrote there was only 13 states and so many million people. Now you've got 250, 300 million. If you fill up a ballpark and see 50,000 people, that's a lot of people. Now fill it up three times a day, every day for seven days, and then pretty soon it would take you six lifetimes to see all them people.

I had a little monkey
And I sent him to the country
And I fed him on gingerbread
Long come a choo-choo
And knocked my monkey cuckoo
And now my monkey's dead

Pretty girl pretty pretty girl
Cease to exist
Just come and say you love me
Give up your world

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool shit dude.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home