Friday, February 24, 2006

Hi


PICT0073
Originally uploaded by The Stranger.
Im taking a wood carving course for ten days which is pretty rigourous. My master is a Indian descendant of Gorpas some warrior caste. He is a jewel collector, painter, and master carpenter. He's working me pretty hard, not taking anything less than perfect carving. It's taking me four whole days of labour to complete one peice but when it's done it's really fine.

Today I attended a candle light vigil at the dalai lamas monastery for some monks doing a hunger strike protesting the Olympics in China.

In a few days it's tibetan New years and then after there's some talks being given by high ranking monks. I might stay for a while or head south back to the beach in Goa.

In this picture I have a goofy smile and hairdoo but in the background you can see the foothills of the Himalayas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

hi

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home