Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dharamsala


PICT0001
Originally uploaded by The Stranger.
Inm still here diligently carving. I took a day off on the start of Losar the tibetan nwe years so that I could attend ceremonies at the Dalai Lama's temple. It was nice and strange and thousands of tibetans they have a cool style kind of like cowboys from the middle ages. After the ceremonies I got caught in the middle of a stampede going into the main shrine. Im a good two feet taller than everyone and saved the lives of many small children from being trampled but it was all in good fun. Then at night I found a band and many people gathered around and My true self was excellently unleashed and I had a good crowd of tibetans and foreigners dancing around and screaming and stomping their feet to my new star guitar. All in good fun. When Im done the carving I may stay for the meditation course. Ive learned much about the second bhuda in Nepal and am considering going. Apparently a month ago he spontaneiously combusted and it was all caught on tape. He came breifly out of mediation to warn the people gathered around of his power. He's planning on being there for six years so if I miss it this time around Ill be able to go back later. Actually it would be good to catch him just as he's coming out of it. Maybe he's the anti-christ. It's all in good fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Krahn said...

What a crazy land. I feel like that place never REALLY existed before I saw pictures from a friend. It really makes it into reality. Nicely done. Keep on keepin' on.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home