Friday, August 04, 2006

Real Work


PICT0024
Originally uploaded by The Stranger.

I don't like people thinking Im lazy because I don't like to work. I don't want to work. And I don't want to go to University.

I'm too busy with REAL WORK.

For me, real work is working on my soul and helping the soul of others. I do this by excerizing, thinking, and talking to people in a soothing and enlightening way.

It's not a cop out. It's not easy. Especially because you don't get payed.This is the work we were all destined for.

Working in society's jobs for the most part leads to financial success and spiritual failure. I see people who are so obsessed with their jobs. They worry about every little detail and are so eager to climb the tiny power ladders of the establishment. Eager to put down subordinates at every turn.

These things don't matter. For the most part society's jobs are easy. The best strategy is to go in. Do your job. Don't think about it. Don't stress. Keep a smile on your face. And get out of there so that you can go home and do more REAL WORK.

exercise, create, think about invisible things

5 Comments:

Blogger D.Macri said...

I guess that depends on what your "job" is to some degree also. For example, Lorne, working with "at-risk-youth" or Carlos working with dental health, very likely mixes "real work" with a paid job. As a teacher, and I'm sure you can relate, I am lucky to be surrounded with the wisest, most encouraging of humankind: Children. I try to listen to them and give back as much as I can. I agree one shouldn't "stress" or "worry", but effort to do a job is perfectly alright in my mind. If you think of it, really, how many people do you know are caught up in the rat race (not counting TV), trying to climb the corporate ladders? Honestly, I can't think of a single person that I know who fits that description. Everyone seems to have a sense of duty, spirituality, and desires cummunion, whether they do it by your standards or not. People who take the academic route (university) are doing it with a longer term goal, of contributing to humankind with their skills as an engineer or doctor or what have you. Undoubtedly there are people who are a bit pre-occupied with the financial aspects of a career, but I bet if you dig, even they, would have some objective worthy of honour, even if it's not obvious. It may be short sighted, or too narrow a view, but even self preservation has its merit if you have a single ounce of love for someone else.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rightfully and sadly point to a state of being that is pervasive in our world.

Yet all work, from the academy, to the church, to the other realms of the real, if done with effort, production in mind, love, and empathy, is holy.

Don't depreciate everyone else's efforts (however sad) simply b/c someone has depreciated yours.

We all know our worth.

And recall, it is hard to wake up every morning and face the facts of our own mediocrity, cobbler and politician alike.

Just do what you do, and with that clarity, it is impossible to fall.

:)

9:18 AM  
Blogger CaptainGoldStar said...

Funny, My attitude is quite rigid right now on this issue. I truly think that all of you should work less at your jobs and studies. Spend more time on yourselves. Excercising. And habit breaking. And travelling. Truly at the moment I feel that it's important to disengage yourselves from all of those other mundane jobs. Even if they contribute to the society in good ways. At the moment self-contribution in the ways of building your body and soul are the most important things.

8:36 PM  
Blogger D. Sky Onosson said...

When you have family, everything changes. Self-fulfillment means nothing, helping another to learn and grow and live and love means everything. And, oddly enough, it is the most self-fulfilling act of all.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home